Turkey vest

Jeremy K

If you’re the type of guy walks to one single spot or even multiple spots to a blind you may be ok honestly. But if you’re mobile and ever exposed I can’t see that as anything but a problem. 
Opening day will be in a blind like I said with my young boys. This will be perfect. I will try it going mobile.....what's it matter if it's sitting on the ground next to you?? As the season gets later into May having a vest on really starts to get hot.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’ve had lots of vest of the years. None are perfect. I heard the cabelas kickstand thing mentioned. Idk I’m no fan of that vest. Material is thin, no shell holders and I don’t know a single guy with any type kickstand vest left the kickstand in. That’s something you need to consider. The premise is ok but think about it? How often are you not gonna have a tree to back up to? Think where you’ll be hunting. It’s never in the middle of nowhere and not in thick cover for turkey. Always a tree nearby. 
The vest I currently use is a Tenzing. That’s a great vest. It too has issues, the material is very good but now it could make you warm. The next issue is the pockets. You mention not wanting them too big. These aren’t but they don’t open far enough for me. I’m guessing it’s so you don’t lose anything and if you don’t want huge pockets it’ll work. Shortcoming and all I’ve found no better vest and I think myself or a friend has had most and I’ve tried them. I should say save the badlands. I’ve never used that. Pros and cons. None are perfect

I’m the opposite, I wish I could figure out a way to mount my tenzing kick stands to my ultralight pack frame. I have zero use for a turkey vest most days but I hate sitting against a tree and much prefer a bush or blow down! Having the kickstand mounted to a small pack would be absolutely perfect for running and gunning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk