Sea Trials

wolc123

I noticed that our creek was up pretty high this morning.  After spending 5 days out on the West coast  last week,  helping to get a much larger vessel ready, I finally got a chance to try out my own little $ 100, 12 footer.

I poured a little fresh 40:1 chainsaw gas into the old merc K-5.  She ran pretty good, after a carb adjustment.  The creek water level was dropping fast and I had to get the boat up on plane and make 3 attempts to get over a sandbar, formed by the drain tile from my pole barn.

I noticed about a gallon of water in the stern, after a half hour in the creek.  The source of the leak was a loose fitting drain plug, so it should be a cheap fix.  I was impressed with the stability of this wide beam Sears Gamefisher, compared to the narrow beam one that I keep up at my in-laws place.  I got to remember to bring home a pair of oars, next time I go up there.  After I get those, a new plug, and a DMV registration, It will be ready for Hemlock lake.

20210327_121344.jpg

20210327_121510.jpg

20210327_121426.jpg

20210327_121447.jpg

Edited by wolc123
Spelling
  • Like 4

Great deal on that boat Wolc!  

I had an real ugly fishing boat for a long time, it was one of my favorites.  It was fiberglass and leaked all the time.   There was carpet glued down in the center section, and it had been heavily overpainted and it peeled all over.  I just bailed when needed and it was fine as long as I didn’t go too far from camp.  My kids called it UFB or the Ugly Fishing Boat and it was!