This past Sundays hunt.

Grizz1219

Awesome day in the woods this morning. At sunrise/fly down I called in a VERY vocal hen to 10 yards. Her and I worked in 2 BIG long beards and 3 Jake's. The plan was for her to stay with me till the long beards got close. She forgot the plan and when they got 60 yards she couldn't help herself, she ran to them. Lol. The Jake's came over to about 20yds but I don't shoot Jake's. My choice, if you do that's fine. So. I swing around trying to get ahead but caught the tail end of the flock. Set up again. Put my patience cap on and waited. I called every 10 to 15 minutes and 1 hour later BOOM! Long beard gobble behind me. I swing around the tree, set up, see him crossing a Greenfield towards me. Hit him with a cluck n purr and he roars at me. Swings to my left, got up on a hill, in the sun and decided he looked beautiful there. He spent the next hour plus on that hill, spitting, drumming and gobbling. Closest I got him was 48 yds. Yes. My gun and I can kill turkeys at that range but I wanted him at a certain point and I never feel the "need" to squeeze the trigger. That's me. Well. He's being stubborn so my plan is let him walk off. I move in and call him back. Plan starts off great. He leaves gobbling. I let him go. Then. The Jake gang came. You would think the LB would run but NOPE. The Jake's are yelping and gobbling and he turns and goes right at them. Cue HUGE Gobbler/Jake fight!!! Fighting purrs, aggressive yelps, clicks and gobbles. I think my diaphragm call almost fell out of my open mouth staring in awe. Lol. If I'm not mistaken those Jake's are still chasing him further off the property. Lol. Great day, one of the best I've had in years. Trigger squeeze not required. Lol.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

• Like 3