Truck supposedly shipped.

mowin

• 1 month later...

Well, the week before turkey day my dealer called and said my 2500 Silverado has been produced,( ordered on May 18th) but on chip hold.. WAIT... 2500?? I ordered a 3500. Dealer told me the GM changed my order to a 2500. Bull crap.  I called GM, and they confirmed that the dealer typed in 2500. So my options were to except the 2500 or reorder the 3500 wich might take another 6 months and some of the options I ordered are not being offered do to chip shortage. Heated seats, steering wheel, at some camera options have been deleted on new orders. 

I told the dealer I'll gladly order a 3500 if they put in writing they will honor my trade in value regardless of what miles I rack up. They declined. 

So I decided to take the 2500 as long as the front axle ratings were within specs for the plow I was swapping over from the 2019 f350 POS. I confirmed the Chevy 2500 had the 5600lb front axle rating, and my plow wouldn't void my new truck warranty. Truck came in the 24th. Picked it up that day.  Got lots of snow the day after, so no pics yet. So far I like the truck. I rarely tow or exceed the payload capacity of a 2500, but for a few bucks more, I prefer a 3500.  

Won't post pics of a new truck that's covered in snow, and now that it's warm, full of mud from all the dirt roads I run. 

So when these options are deleted does the price drop?

Also didn't you have paperwork in hand showing you ordered a 3500? Or did they just say a 3500 was coming in with x,y, and z and instead a 2500 showed up with less options due to chip shortage?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

So when these options are deleted does the price drop?

Also didn't you have paperwork in hand showing you ordered a 3500? Or did they just say a 3500 was coming in with x,y, and z and instead a 2500 showed up with less options due to chip shortage?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Absolutely I had paperwork showing I ordered a 3500. Yes, if a new order, they would credited for those options.  But some sources said the options would be installed to be activated at a later date, but that wasn't something the manufacturer was going to guarantee. 

Truck I ordered was $52,800(3500). The Truck I got with every option was $51,200.

Edited by mowin