Frozen Windows?

Marion

So, you have a hydroponic system with a boiler somewhere in building.  Your observations make perfect sense and if you do cook with propane, you would add humidity to environment.  A heating system such as yours will dry the air.  You will often see water troughs on the old school cast heat fins that would heat water and add humidity.  If you have a more modern building, they will be baseboard.   Still seems like a lot of humidity to me considering the weather outside.

Cold air is dry air as it can't hold much moisture.  Notice how your skin dries out in frigid temps?  Warm air can how moisture, but it needs to be available.  That's why it's often measured as relative humidity as the humidity is stated relative to the temperature.  But to tell you the truth, dewpoint is a fair better measurement to know moisture content.  And really what's happening on your windows.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

So, you have a hydroponic system with a boiler somewhere in building.  Your observations make perfect sense and if you do cook with propane, you would add humidity to environment.  A heating system such as yours will dry the air.  You will often see water troughs on the old school cast heat fins that would heat water and add humidity.  If you have a more modern building, they will be baseboard.   Still seems like a lot of humidity to me considering the weather outside.

Cold air is dry air as it can't hold much moisture.  Notice how your skin dries out in frigid temps?  Warm air can how moisture, but it needs to be available.  That's why it's often measured as relative humidity as the humidity is stated relative to the temperature.  But to tell you the truth, dewpoint is a fair better measurement to know moisture content.  And really what's happening on your windows.

So he has a hydroponic grow system  in his spare bedroom? It makes sense that this would introduce alot of moisture into the air. Even if the building used a hydronic heating system. ;)

No ncountry.  It a closed loop.  You only use the water in the system to transfer heat.  Any actual water loss would be at boiler for pressure relief and would be very little.

Grow system is whole another deal but obviously uses liquid too in a loop in recirculation like a boiler but this system is open and has a lot of losses.

• Like 1

No ncountry.  It a closed loop.  You only use the water in the system to transfer heat.  Any actual water loss would be at boiler for pressure relief and would be very little.
Grow system is whole another deal but obviously uses liquid too in a loop in recirculation like a boiler but this system is open and has a lot of losses.
Yup this one is like a water pipe running through a big box unit with a drip tray like you mentioned and a big fan to then disperse the heat. I can adjust low med high or off. And yes gas cooking here. Makes sense then with the moisture in the air then clinging. I try to leave the heat off as much as I can since it causes a major spike to my electric bill and half the time it will blow hot air then it will be blowing cooler air. Idk how or why but then it just makes me cool the room down which seems counter productive. I'm thinking the boiler in the building must be undersized so that's causing some cooler water to flow through the unit resulting in cool air vs nice warm at times.

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

20 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

Lol.. yeah I know .. I was just being a smart@$$.. you called his heating system hydroponic vs hydronic.;)

Sounds like it's one of these and not a real good way to heat.  I would use these in my industrial facility in cold areas to temper them.  But not areas I would have people work regularly.

Basically, you got your car's radiator heating your space.1544320318_unitheater.thumb.jpg.c004abb5d095d443e377fc6cea9509ff.jpg

The way you describe it going from hot to cold tell me supply isn't adequate for demand.  I'm surprised it spikes electric bill though.  Motors are fairly efficient and low draw at that size.

ncountry

Typing without my glasses has gotten me in trouble before.

I once email the entire site if they had seen my liquid nitrogen thongs.

Instead of tongs

Oh Boy   I gave a good laugh to all

My only saving grace is I controlled the temperature of all their environments.  

Edited by hueyjazz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1