Even deer have Gender issues.....

ApexerER

29 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

That's cool. ~20 years ago I shot a 5 point in November.  Turned out to be a doe, and the antlers were still in velvet. One of the neighbors said that made her feel better because she was sure she saw a fawn "nursing " on a buck earlier that summer..lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ncountry said:

That's cool. ~20 years ago I shot a 5 point in November.  Turned out to be a doe, and the antlers were still in velvet. One of the neighbors said that made her feel better because she was sure she saw a fawn "nursing " on a buck earlier that summer..lol

Antlered doe in Velvet? That is awesome, do you still have the rack?

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Antlered doe in Velvet? That is awesome, do you still have the rack?

Somewhere... I think.. maybe. I havn't seen it in a while.lol.

I remember the hunt pretty well. I was slowly still hunting back out towards the truck and saw the deer standing under an apple tree. I pulled the trigger ,she fell . At the same time a huge 9 point and another decent buck jumped over the fence into a brush hole. They must have all been standing together, but I never saw the bigger deer. 

I got a close look at the 9 because he ran right to my FIL on the other side of the brush..

• Like 1