Maybe next week...

Nomad

Wow i got a dream job for hunting, lots of time off. BUT.. this May I've worked all the nice days and been off all the rainy ones, add in getting my Mothers house ready to sell, my oldest daughters college graduation this week end and I have not been out once !!

Good thing is my land is not hunted by others.I'm hoping for tuesday, a morning in the woods,watch the sun come up a thermos of coffee.trouble is I start nights tuesday as well.Who needs sleep....

• 2 weeks later...

Made it out after work thur. AM hit the woods at 8:30, saw 3 bucks 2 doe....

Went to see what was planted in a field to the south saw 2 birds 400 plus yards away,used my binos Tom with a hen. called, they looked hard but not moving, hum....

I went out the back of the woods and used a thick wide hedgerow as cover to move towards them at 75 yards from the dropped my pack and binos, crawled the last 50 on the smooth dirt. Got to where they were 15 yards away!! Just the other side of a rockpile/brush pile I saw her head and kept hearing a purr ?. Now what ?? left my calls in pack,dummy!

Well there was a gap next to pile i moved one step at a time as the wind would blow hard,thinking close the gap run across turn and fire ? They were gone!

Must have heard me crossing the last bit and ran off in the high grass straight away.

Way fun morning though,from 400 to 15 yards. This was 2 rows that made a"T" btw they were on the left side of the TOP of the "T" I came along the far side of the long part.

Edited by Larry302