Ramcat 100's

IronBucks

I finally decided to go back to broadheads after using Rage Mechanicals (I had a Rage not open on a shot last year).  I decided on Slick Trick Magnums, but the guys at the shop were all about the Ramcat 100's.  The owner said that they shoot just like his field tips out to 50 yards. 

Wondering if anyone else has experience with these.  I watched some YouTube videos and many animals didn't even run off the screen before dropping. 

I finally decided to go back to broadheads after using Rage Mechanicals (I had a Rage not open on a shot last year).  I decided on Slick Trick Magnums, but the guys at the shop were all about the Ramcat 100's.  The owner said that they shoot just like his field tips out to 50 yards. 

Wondering if anyone else has experience with these.  I watched some YouTube videos and many animals didn't even run off the screen before dropping. 

I'd say it is safe most people don't think of Rages as broadheads. LOL.

Slick Trick Standards and Mags in my mind have proven to be the best non-mech head ever made.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Where was the hit and angle of the shot with the Rage?

I was looking at those Ramcats as well and thinking of trying them.

The shot was 20 yards out from about 15 feet up in a tree stand.  Perfect broadside shot.  

Even thought the blades didn't open the shot went right through the heart and it only ran about 30 yards before dropping.  Wouldn't have been so lucky if the shot placement was slightly off...