Good Morning

Beautiful morning today. 50's at dawn and high 60's around 9.

Detoured from the spot I planned to hunt after i got a gobble off my Harrison's Hootin stick.

Around 7:30 I had a Tom behind me that was headed in the opposite direction. I decided a run n gun was in order. Couldn't quite cut him off or get him to change his mind but he was a big bird and my first of the season.

After sitting in the hedgerow where I saw him last for 30min I decided to head back to my decoys a good 1/2 mile back.

I sat and called a little then leaned back and just soaked in the rays. It was about 9:50 and I caught movement and There's 2 freaking jakes who came in silently at my decoys. Basically caught me with my pants down haha. Was able to put a bead on then at 20 behind my x-blind but Jakes aren't legal in Mississippi. Was pretty cool still.

Unfortunately I noticed my mueller reflex site was a little off and on further inspection I found the glass is loose. So thankfully I noticed that, but now I have a mad rush to buy a replacement. Can't find my original factory sites either which sucks.

Still a great morning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Season came to end for me this past weekend. All in all I enjoyed the season. had good action just didn't get any shots or couldn't get them to commit. The damaged mueller optic was a low point. New bushnell patterned well and feels solid. Mueller is selling me a new reflex for $50 which i hope to recoup some cost on ebay.

309E0F98-2EC9-4ECA-8782-DCA2D378574F_zps

0037E331-8AA4-4C36-A92A-041EF92B39E0_zps

2C1456AA-269F-4038-A262-67169FFBD844_zps

not perfect, but good enough

20 yards

D5BAA286-4E1E-4828-89D0-50106A1E5F75_zps

40 yards

1C269325-CBE4-41D1-A384-F48EE78E7063_zps