Predator bait stations

Water Rat

I had some old green pvc coated wire fencing laying around , so I decided to make a few bait stations with it . I attached it around a tree and added some frozen venison scraps that a deer butcher gave me. I then applied some call lure nearby and positioned my trail camera about 15 feet away. The fencing will prevent anything from dragging the bait away (hopefully).  I will probably get a lot of photos of crows in the daytime though. I put these bait stations out at the end of February and I'm already anxious to check the memory cards. I'll hold off until Turkey season starts to eliminate my scent and then I'll swap out the memory cards. Hoping to get some good photos of foxes , coyotes , bobcats and maybe a fisher if I'm lucky.

IMG_2178.thumb.jpg.1ff5131d2282a109b2a213ab318d5570.jpg

• Like 4

I wouldn’t worry about your scent. I don’t believe in throwing food away and have a scrap area out back for whatever wants to eat it. It’s crows and blue jays during the day(fisher sometimes) and everything from mice to bears at night,even a snowshoe hare pops in once and a while. I add to it and walk by it almost every day it doesn’t bother the yotes at all. One even hits it during the day.
07a04d4280c5db3758684fddcbe9de8f.jpg
76cf9b0ee2b072acc9517533afb9960d.jpg
cd1d8f1dc7c35060204c2ff103091532.jpg
c2a0617b096438a965ba47f28a8aebe1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5