why we love it... n why they dont get it...

deerpassion

couldn't find the thread, but relates to the "why we love the outdoors" .... posted a proud pic of an osceola i got, and had some negative comments about it.... needless to say, a few beers and some scotch later , i couldn't let it rest n wrote this..

• Niki Battaglini That's just wrong
    May 6, 2010 at 9:27am · Like

• 573388_1223354448_702604526_q.jpg
    Joey Hitchcock but ooohhh soo right haha... VEGETARIAN thanks giving for you this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May 6, 2010 at 4:48pm · Like

• 173178_25105023_409636033_q.jpg
    Delete CommentHide as Spam
    Niki Battaglini Well I won't go that far..
    May 6, 2010 at 4:50pm · Like

Joey Hitchcock
    was just flippin though my pics cleanin up a little, and came across this one, then read the comments, love you nikki, but it got me thinkin about the people who didn't fall into the great outdoors and don't understand why we do this... for that bird I had to wake up at 3:30 in the morning, drive an hour and a half, walk through waist high water in my waders, then hike 3 miles with all my gear which took me about 20 minutes ( and thats hoofin it hopin somebody wasn't in my spot already) in the cold, in the dark, watch the sun come up and here the birds gobble up in the trees around me( which was beautiful but i am not a morning person) to miss this bird on the first shot at 24 yds then fortunately get em on the second... now thats some hard work and dedication to do something that i love and wouldn't change it for the world... now think of your average jo shmo who gets the easy meal on thanksgiving just put on the table for them... all they had to do for that farm raised bird (raised in pens with a 100,000 or more squeezed in) is go to publix take it out of the cooler, check out, drive home, n throw em in the oven... how is that even comparable! at least i put in the work on a chance that i might not even get one to get my thanksgiving turkey as well as supporting land and wildlife conservation through the required licenses i buy... how's that food for thought? as i like to say" just cause you didn't pull the trigger doesn't mean you haven't killed something in your life time" unless you are a vegetarian!!!!!
    October 7, 2011 at 1:42am · Like · drP8vlvSl_8.gif 1

Niki Battaglini Publix is a long enough trip
    October 7, 2011 at 11:36am · Like

Joey Hitchcock haha ur funny
    October 7, 2011 at 12:20pm · Like

Niki Battaglini Haha I know.
    October 7, 2011 at 2:41pm · Like

post-2133-0-99188200-1338524845_thumb.jp

By lose of habitat due to agriculture and the fact that farmers use tons of insecticide, traps, and varmint hunting to protect their crops, vegetarians (unless they grow their own produce) indirectly kill more animals than hunters do. Scientist said that if the entire population of planet earth all became pure vegetarians, there would not even be enough agricultural land on the planet to feed everyone.

Corn/soybeans are in every thing now days...do they have any idea how many state sanctioned ...deer...turkey...crows....raccoons...ect are killed year around for the sake of that beloved plant? Clueless to the whole picture

Edited by growalot