making smoke

sbuff

Anyone doing any shooting in this heat?? I went the other day and man was it hot. I was shooting 90gr of T7 and a .452 300 gr speer deep curl in my X7. I also sighted in my NEF Heritage with some 460gr No Excuses.

The X7 barrel was starting to heat up and I was getting some bullet drift in my POI.Time to wait to it gets a little cooler.

Edited by sbuff

i have been shooting the H&R sidekick. I stopped a couple weeks ago when it got too hot. Just no fun. Looking forward to a little cooler weather. I am shooting 70 grains by weight (87.5 by volume) and a harvestor crush rib with a 44 cal 240 grain flat nose lead bullet.

Bubba,you shoot the .44 more then the .45 if I recall.Do you like it better by choice or the better Balistic Coeff ,,,,,

Did you ever get another MU plug for your NEF. I got two extra's now as I thought I heard through the grapevine Nick had left and they were using up what they had on stock, then they were done.

Steve

I have two now. Nick has been gone for well over a year. I guess when you divorce the owners daughter, they do not like it. I was told by the guys at MU as long as there is a market, they will make plugs. It has been a money maker for them. I like the 44 bullet more because I have a mold and make the bullets so it is a financial decision mostly. I put a new scope in the sidekick, so I have been dialing it in. My next project is the 45 encore bergara barrel. I keep gravitating back to the sidekick though. It is a shooter and I like the functionality as well as the fit to me. I hear the stories of guys shooting out the flash hole in the plugs. I do not think and Nick told me this himself that you could shoot enough in a life time to do so. I expect the two I have will do me a life time. Maybe I will order another just in case.

Since getting my X7 a year or two ago my NEF heritgage has turned into a safe queen with my super 91-11.But I must say,I think I will take her out the last weekend of northern zone gun season just for old times sake this year.

I too got a new scope on mine as my last one, a 3x9x40 Bushnell trophy died,mailed it back to them and a new one was sent no questions asked. Great service given from Bushnell..

I have so many .452 bullets it might be awhile before I can try some .44 out.

Well thats good to hear MU will still produce them, I was shooting probably in the 100-150 rounds through it a year but that is now down to less then ten a year since the X7 moved in . I should be good with my plugs for now.

I have to order some more BH209 from Carlos as I have been out since march.But still have plenty of T7,Swiss,and some pryodex pellets I want to try.

Have you or anyone had good results with pryodex pellets, I have some I got DIRT cheap that I want to try out.T7 pellets have grouped well for me in the past.

Steve

Edited by sbuff

My father in law used pyrodex pellets and had good results. Hr had a 50 cal cva staghorn. It shot them well with power belts. I can not remember the graisn as he has been gone now for 6 years. He liked the convenience. I have never used them. I like the idea of tweaking a load with 5 grain increments rather than being locked in and trying to finds the bullet that fits my powder load. Nothing wring with them, I guess I am still too old school.

Edited by bubba