Food plots

Yeah I hear you about getting cold Im up by Lake Ontario. I planted what i did because it has turnips along with purenials. They say when the deer have a hard time finding food that they will dig threw the snow and dig up the turnips.

post-71-131455325888_thumb.jpg

Brassicas are a hit or miss. Deer in some areas tear into them, but in other areas they won't touch them! I'm in the "won't touch them area"!  ;)

I planted Biologic Maximum (includes several types of brassicas) 2 years in a row. They grew GREAT but the deer never even nibbled on them! I checked on the plot throughout winter and they would walk through it or around it, but they never touched the brassicas! I was not happy that I wasted valuable foodplot space on them. Maybe I had other more preferred food in the area though, as I'm surrounded by ag fields and apple orchards.

I hope they work out for you though! 

We planted Frigid Forage Big N Beasty Brassicas this year and they are growing great. I think the deer will be hitting them hard come november

your are prob right, given the chance to flourish that should make for a good end of the season plot and possibly into the snowier season should it be a big enough plot and last that long...