Did some ATV riding up at my Uncles place in Walton

Pretty good looking trails there. I pretty much have only one trail that goes up the "killer hill" behind the house. Other than snow removal in the driveway, the primary duty of my ATV is to get me up that hill. I generally park it just under the rim of the hill and then begin my wandering around hiking or scouting or hunting. Generally if I try walking up the hill, I don't have a whole lot left to do anything else. So the ATV is great for getting up there and still having the ability to do things up there. Also, My 100 yard rifle range is up on top of the hill. I have a shooting bench and a bulldozed up backstop. The only thing is that whenever I shoot, there are tripods, bags, chronograph, guns and ammo and a whole bunch of other things to carry. So the ATV is essential.

So I really don't do much trail riding anymore. We used to have places to go years ago, but access has been cut off by new houses and other barriers. Time changes everything. We had some great trails that would take us for miles with both ATVs and snowmobiles. But now the ATV has been relegated to a utility tool.

Doc