license question

prelude219

I'm sure that this has been asked a million times..but i can't find it. I have a : bow either sex tag, big game buck, and dmp, and a muzzleloader/bow doe only tag. Can i use the doe only tag on say...mondays opener? and save the either sex tag for another opportunity?..and vise versa..if i don't get anything for bow season, can i use the either sex tag after rifle season as ended for that week? sorry if its a dumb question but its confusing to us. I know you can use your big game buck tag as a doe tag in late season bow.

Thanks in advance

Yes sir. Doe tag (DMP) can be used for any season you want. Bow, Rifle or Muzzel. The Bow/Muzzel Antlerless can only be used during bow and then again for the Bow/Muzzeloader season. I would save the Bow either sex for a buck or until the end, because once you use it you will not be able to take a buck with the bow or muzzeloader should the opportunity present itself. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

Sometimes its so confusing the way the write these up. Never once did I catch onto that little one excerpt. Learn something every day.. Thanks!

Antlered Deer Only

Exceptions:

Antlered or Antlerless

1. During the regular season in Westchester Co. and during any season in Suffolk Co.
  2. In Areas restricted to longbow hunting only
  3. During late season (with bow or muzzleloading privilege)
  4. September 27-30, in the Northern Zone with previous season's unused tag and bow privilege.

Edited by wdswtr