close encounters of the antlered kind!

deerpassion

Well got outa class tday and I told myself i wasn't gonna hunt till the last week of the month.... but like all of us I was lyin to myself... so went n got in the stand at 2pm.... gorgeous afternoon, 45 degrees, 8-10 mile wsw wind... perfect for my tree.... and not a thing in sight but squirrels, geese, and ducks.... 5:30 pm... here leaves rustle over my left shoulder behind me... what the hell?!? thick nasty back there, was not expecting at all to come from in there, never fails!!! and this guy step out at 20 YDS broadside!!! post-2133-0-89490100-1350432468_thumb.jp

well stupid me I didn't trim two tiny little limbs on the backside of my tree and wouldn't ya know it, the ONLY thing preventing me from puttin one through his heart.... stood there checkin out the scenery for about 30-45 seconds... figure he's gonna come out to the right in front of me, instead goes left n sadly watched those horns disappear ever so slowly.... haven't gotten any pics of him since august, awesome hunt though,only deer i'd seen all day... glad to see he's out n about in the same area... needless to say those two little limbs are GONE now!!!