Dans deer "tails"

Dan92

hoping to get out sometime next week for my first hunt in a few years.. been scouting some land over the past few weeks so i figured id make a post about my sights and soon to be ( i hope) some deer. went out this morning at 6 to check the spot i want to hunt, first time going there in early morning. saw a giant doe.. id say 175+ lbs... she was a big girl. a rub on a tree that wasnt there on the 17th. no pics yet for you guys but i will have some soon.

working on it... i have 50 bucks towards my tags.. i hate getting paid every 2 weeks! hopefully ill be in the woods by next weekend and by the end of the week im hoping shell be in the back of the truck lol... going there in about 2-3 hours check to see if anything new around.. will try to get a picture

Maybe my phone can do that to not up to date on the iphone yet just got away from my razer lol .Get that big girl on the ground good luck and dont spend to much time there before you can hunt you might chase her and any others out

i go back about once a week if that.. its public land so anyone can go back there and scare them ya know.. only thing that sucks about hunting public... looked like there must have been some quads back there recently

• 3 weeks later...

was supposed to go hunting with a buddy on his land this morning.. no word from him yet. so looks like ill be going to public land for last day of bow.. hopefully i can get something before the guns hit the woods

Good Luck man. LWood will be packed tomorrow with the orange army. Be careful!

so i went scouting at 2 different places in westchester today.. here are some pics of what i found.. the 2 pics of the rub are the same rub... rather large tree to.. about the width of my forearm.. also is it me or do the dropping look a little on the larger side as well?. you cant really tell but they are about the size gum drop candies.. alot bigger from what i have been seeing.. any thoughts?

20121117_143635_zps53c9564b.jpg

20121117_151725_zps05409c46.jpg

20121117_154417_zps7a9f7086.jpg

20121117_154410_zps3ea503f0.jpg

20121117_142613_zps249a4413.jpg

so i get to the stand this morning.. i put my bow against the ladder. i get out my hoist rope. i hear what sounds like rain.. i look around and theres white liquid stuff all over me and the ground.. i look up and see what i think was an owl.. was a large bird.. i got pooped on... an hour later 3 does and a 4th unknown deer come within 40 yards of me. only deer ive seen all season. coincidence?

• 3 weeks later...

this was from lockwood 2 days ago.. im actually about to go there now and do some yote hunting

Why hunt yotes during deer season? ?

Between all the deer scent lures there and now yote calling/hunting, I doubt I am going to go there to hunt deer late bow/ml season.