313 Acres in Oswego County for lease - borders State Forest and Hunt Club

But this deal is not exclusive. He could lease it to 100 groups of 3, making it undesirable and unsafe for those that pay first.

Your right Shawn. He did say that in one of his original posts but i got the impression he didn't really have a good grasp on how this stuff works when he posted that. Maybe he could reply back and let us know if he has re-thought that part yet. I don't think he will find anyone willing to sign on to a lease that is not exclusive. Who in their right mind would plunk down $2000 if there was a chance he was going to take someone elses money a week later and let them on the property as well..?? Doesn't make sence. He should just set a price, find someone willing to pay it, and then let them figure out how many hunters their going to have and how the cost is going to be split up.

Leasing to Basecamp is for profit motives, plain and simple.

MIddle men have their place, I guess.

$2k for 313 acres in mediocre deer country is OK. I wouldn't pay more for that, and I'd want exclusive long-term. DPSM there can't be that high, and Oswego is middle of the road for quality bucks.

I think if this were Cayuga County or westward...then the price starts to go up. 313 in the heart of 8 or 9 could be a pretty penny lease, especially if it's got sizeable hunting ground and not all fields.

• Like 1

Sounds too much like a money making thing (and thats fine) but I would pass. I remember hunting as a guest with a friend on land he leased. As far as he knew him and only 2 other guys, that he didn't know, leased it. When we got back to the truck, for a lunch break, there was a group of 8 guys who all had the same permission slips that my buddy did. Just too iffy.