313 Acres in Oswego County for lease - borders State Forest and Hunt Club

I m asking $2,000 per person. This is a very private land. I just purchased it and there will be no one there hunting. There will be one person walking around daily inspecting the grounds. If you do not have insurance, it will be $175 additional.

You can start hunting November 3rd till the end of the season.

themoe

For now I do not have anyone signed up because I just bought the land this week and I do not personally hunt. I will allow 3-4 people for $2,000. If other groups sign up, I will for sure let you know. The land is 313 acres. It is very large and wooded. Chances are you won't run into any other hunters even if I have 3 more join after you. Of course though, I will let you know.

Can't believe Biz-o hasn't jumped all over this.. $2000 seems like a pretty fair price for 313 acres but you can't expect any hunting group to share that little land with another group. It would have to be exclusive or nothing for deer season or your going to have problems.

I hired a broker to handle this lease. I will post his info by Fri. He will sort out all the specifics and will upload aerial. He will also include insurance in the price. Sorry for the inconvenience. He will be limiting it to only a few people.

We have 450 acres total and 8 hunters plus guests occasionally. It is hard to stay away from each other sometimes. If it were me, I would want an exclusive. Sounds to me like this is hopefully a money maker. I charge 200 a year for all year access. The money goes into a fund for food gas for the generator propane for the lights, fridge and cooking stove. etc. That way the food for the hunting times is all bought and no pot luck.I guess I need to up my prices.

Edited by bubba

Can't believe Biz-o hasn't jumped all over this.. $2000 seems like a pretty fair price for 313 acres but you can't expect any hunting group to share that little land with another group. It would have to be exclusive or nothing for deer season or your going to have problems.

5-6 hours away for $2K, no thanks. I'm fine with 8 acres 30 minutes away for free.

$200 a year is not enough. You should talk to Base Camp Leasing. They take 25% but you will get at least $2000 for every 3-4 people. Good luck.

see here is the thing. I am not in it for the money. I own it I have friends who hunt it with me. My taxes are under 2 grand a year. We have fun, we harvest deer, but mostly it is not about a business thing. It is about a friendship thing. I invite people, especially youth who might not have a good opportunity to hunt otherwise. They bring a parent, and I know where this will go, but usually it is a mom who has no idea about hunting but took a class because her child wanted to. I let them hunt, I teach them and they have fun. I do not need some broker leaser to ruin that for me. 200 a year is more than enough. The smiles on faces and the success we enjoy is enough profit for me. Honestly I did not buy this as an investment. I bought it for friends and family to enjoy. No disrespect, but as a non hunter, I do not think you would understand. Good luck with your investment.

Edited by bubba
  • Like 2

I hear you Biz. Long way to drive.. Onieda, either you have a very good deal or i mis understood what you were saying. Is the lease $ 750 per person, with twelve people chipping in that amout each. If that is the case then it would seem in line. If its $750 for the whole group then you should lock that in for life..LOL I'm guessing it's the first case. No??

Bubba, good for you in sharing your turf with friends and family. Often times land owners and particularly food plot guys get labeled as greedy, deer hoarders that buy up land and then lock it up so they have it all to themselves. Your example is by far what i see more often then not. On the property i help manage, we have had new hunters out for the past four years in a row. Each has harvested deer and are now hooked for life in the sport. We also have put a couple older hunters in some of our easier stands because they just can't get around like they used to. Both those gentlemen also shot deer. By the way, although we try to shoot mature deer, we put no restrictions when these folks come out. Like you said, the smiles on their faces is awesome.

thank you. I try my best to foster he sport. I have a friend who come sup from cicero. He has a camp on black lake. I fish there in the summer with him. Anyway he has had bilateral knee replacement and does not get around like he used to. This year his daughter and he came up. I have one ground blind that is easy to get to. He sat in that and did get a deer, but he was so happy to be able to get out. His daughter has been hunting for probably 15 years. She missed a decent deer during muzzleoading. But, she was happy to have a chance. During youth weekend, I had a young man and his mom come over. They took my class this summer The mom was trying her best to be a fill in dad. Anyway they hunted the Sunday of youth weekend. She was so appreciative for the hospitality and the opportunity to hunt. We ate well and they had a ball. Both are now hooked. I guess I am rambling, but to me that is what it is all about. The simple truth is I have killed plenty of deer in my life. I get much more enjoyment watching another get a chance.

Edited by bubba
  • Like 2