How bad is Stewart State Forest during bow season?

Sogaard

been hunting stewart for 30 years in the last 5 years the place has gone down hill no patrolling people doing whatever they want.to many people shooting anything that moves. there used to be alot of deer there. during the week its not bad but the weekends are horrible i live 2 minutes from there and dont go on the weekends

i agree i have been going there for 20 years and since the state took over it is all down hill .no rules no patrolling no one there to help you if needed . use to be 3 people per car park in signed parking hunt that spot . not any more i saw a bus with 8 people in it and they dropped one at a time off as they went down the road . the sad thing is it wont clean up till someone gets hurt out there . i hate to say it but it should be shut down for a few years . ( and i love it over there ) but it is crazier now

I was hunting pheasant there 2 years ago and thought the area is heading for an accident. There are bikers, hikers, and birders mixed in with hunters. The non hunters are in there without blaze orange on. Not safe at all, and you can bet those folks don't want the hunters in there

• 7 years later...
On 10/23/2012 at 5:45 PM, trophyslugster said:

been hunting stewart for 30 years in the last 5 years the place has gone down hill no patrolling people doing whatever they want.to many people shooting anything that moves. there used to be alot of deer there. during the week its not bad but the weekends are horrible i live 2 minutes from there and dont go on the weekends