Which is the better bullet ....

fasteddie

and dead is dead.  I also disagree about th elimits if the 25-06.  I have a good friend who has killed 3 elk and one moose with the 25. The elk one shot kills, the moose 2 shots.  But that is common with most calibers and a moose. 

Lots of caribou and moose are killed by natives with .223s, but that doesn't make the .223 a good choice for big game.. When I was in NWT in '94, my Inuit guide showed me a video on his camcorder of his son killing an 11 foot polar bear with a .222...Dropped it like a rock with one shot at the base of the neck..

The 25-06 with well constructed 115-120 grain bullets  is, for all practical purposes, equal to the .270 with 130 grain bullets.. Both are very capable of killing deer sized game up through the size of caribou.... That includes mule deer and big northern whitetails..

They also will work on heavier game like like elk and moose with proper shot placement.. Jack O'Connor killed most of his 17 or 18 elk with his .270 and 130 grain bullets..  However, he admitted that he preferred 150 grain bullets  in the .270 for elk, and would rather have a 30-06

with 180s for the task...

I believe that there are sensible minimums for heavy game animals...Many elk and moose have been taken with 25-06s and .243s, but I believe that they are on the light side...

Elk are bigger and tougher than deer and moose are not especially hard to kill, but are HUGE animals and often require substantial penetration.

I think a sensible minimum for elk or moose would be a .270 with a well constructed 150 grain bullet..

I think some fellas just have a certain comfort level with one gun over another... and one bullet over another... I know guys that are all about 150 gr bullet over 180 gr in the 30-06... and vice versa... some guys like faltter shooting others more shocking power... so as for better bullet.. I guess ballistically you might be able to rate a bullets performance.. but hunter comfort with a bullet or load might be quite different

You can't determine the design of all bullets just by looking at them.  Some hollow points are designed for big game and some varmint bullets are not hollow points.  Check the manufacturer's websites for use guidelines.

IMHO premium big game bullets are not needed for deer.  Far too many deer had been killed with standard grade bullets before premium grade bullets ever hit the market.

I'd use the bullet designed for your intended use that shoots well from your gun.  You don't need a 1" or 1 1/2" group to kill a deer but it does help with one's confidence when the moment comes.