I Feel Alot Better Now

Hoyt 300

Friday morning I had the best and worst morning all season.

Right after daylight I started seeing Deer. I was counting. 23 sightings. Some may have been doubles , they were everywhere. Does running Small Bucks chasing. Alot of action.

About 8:45 I saw a nice sized Buck out in the Hardwoods at about 200 yds. Picked up the Grunt tube gave 2 short grunts and he headed my way. I watched as he got closer and closer.A very nice 6 Pt, I would guess 3 1/2 years old, pretty good mass. He ended up 22 yds in front of me. Ended up with his butt to me. He was sniffing where 4 Doe had just been, I watched for about 3 or 4 Minutes he would not give me a shot. He started heading away, I gave a short grunt he stopped at 28 yds hard quartering away. I shot, Heard the arrow hit. He took off.

After 20 minutes I climbed down. No blood and no arrow. My hunting partners showed up and we started looking in the direction he was last seen. We searched from 10:00 till 3:30 , No sign of him. we looked at skid marks no blood. I was feeling terrible. In ten years of Bowhunting I have only lost one Doe.

Didn't sleep well Went out looking for 6 hours Saturday, nothing.

This morning I went out, It was very cold and all I had seen was one Doe. About 10:30 I had had enough, I stood up and saw a big bodied buck out in the scrub, He was limping, picked up the binoculars and he had 6 Pts and a wound on his right shoulder. I must have hit right in the shoulder bone. Hopefully he will be back.

I feel better knowing he made it.