Keep It Simple

noodle one

I have been reading on here were people have had some trouble shooting with the wrong pin at deer. When I first started using a peep site and pins boy my set up was the cat's meow (four pins) the boys were impressed. I had the same problems back then that some of you are having now. What pin? they are so close to the next one up or down,I hope I am using the right one. I hunted with four pins for three years and told myself no more..I don't hunt fields, I hunt in the woods and all my shots are 15 to 25 yards out and some a lot closer. I hunt with one pin only ,I set it for 20 yard and I know if the deer is in side of that 5 to 15 yards I have to hold a little low. From 20 to 28 yards I am dead on. I will not shoot over 25 yards. It is what works best for me. I hope this helps some of you out . Get to know what your bow can do with one pin. It is so simple and it works.

K.I.S.S. keep it simple , stupid. I totally agree if you have practiced enough with 1 pin you han hold high or low according to the judged distance. The problem is ,the average hunter doesn't practice much more than a few arrows a few tmes before the season.

I may go to three pin from a five pin... Simple enough if they are all different colors, with practice u will subconsciously associate color with distance given u practice enough with that set up... 10, 20,30... That's all u really need, I'm not a fan of one pin adjustables with little time to adjust or holding high or low... Three pins , pic a color, set it on the money and rip it....