Newbie question

Stretcher Guy

I have seen very few pheasants in the past few years and I wouldn't shoot it . If it's legal go ahead and I wouldn't see a problem shooting it on the ground .

Pheasants have lost a lot of habitat since farmers have removed so many hedge rows to make super sized fields plus the fox and yotes have helped to decimate their population . They are beautiful birds !

in the 4o area we have places they let them lose and its like shooting fish in a barrel dont hunt them as I think they should let them go a lot earlyer in the year so they can move around. The two placeses they let them go are only 2 miles apart and they let alot of them lose at once and if its on the ground its down dont like it but thats the way it is

I haven't seen a pheasant in the woods in 25 years. I can honestly say a would shoot it. Feel the way about grouse. Its been a long time seeing them.

I hunt some property in 4W. I see them ALL the time. Just walking along a trail ill spook one up, and the sound of them flying off is loud and scary, lol.