Suburban NJ monster

joe12

My dad was working at a house in Paramus, NJ and saw this guy hanging out in a small patch of woods in the back yard. For those not familiar, Paramus is a really densly populated suburb of NYC, with only small patches of woods along rivers and near parks. This guy is the result of zero hunting pressure and zero predators. If they can avoid getting hit by cars, this is what you get...

post-1628-0-92647100-1353424573_thumb.jp

post-1628-0-49563600-1353424580_thumb.jp

Nice. If this buck was in Putnam County somebody who shoot him as soon as he ventured 500+ ft away from any houses.

Some guy hunts behind my parents house with a bow. He stands in his back yard and is 500-550 ft away from the 5-6 surround houses. Everytime he shoots a deer it runs onto somebody's lawn or the street and he has to go knocking on doors asking for permission to track the deer.

If he was a contractor where was the nail gun. LOL. Those are teh same type of monsters u get on long island. A few of my friends hunt the hamptons and video their hunts. Kind of odd to me (even though the shoot very nice bucks) when you sitting in a treestand 20 yards from some guys driveway and 30 yards from the kids swingset. Definitely a different kind of hunting.

I will take the big woods upstate and a 4 plus hour drive anyday. ITs more of the experience than the kill for me.

If he was a contractor where was the nail gun. LOL. Those are teh same type of monsters u get on long island. A few of my friends hunt the hamptons and video their hunts. Kind of odd to me (even though the shoot very nice bucks) when you sitting in a treestand 20 yards from some guys driveway and 30 yards from the kids swingset. Definitely a different kind of hunting.

I will take the big woods upstate and a 4 plus hour drive anyday. ITs more of the experience than the kill for me.

I agree 100%

there is no way that this patch of woods could be hunted, even with the 150' archery limits in NJ. There are houses on three sides and a big water storage tank in the back (you could see it in the pictures). Also there is a bike/walking path that runs behind it. I will be wandering off the walking path slighly this winter to search for sheds :)