Technology and Hunting

Sogaard

I've be never had a problem with having too difficult of a shot that I can't make. I have more trouble finding the actual deer.

Where this is a real advantage would be a hut out west or Alaska where you can see the deer over a mile away and have to try to get closer for a shot.

I have seen some crazy long shots on TV that really make me wonder if it is really hunting, or just long-range target shooting. These guys hire some guide to actually find the animals and then sit back from a distance that the animal wouldn't flee even if they saw the hunter. I understand that with some of these extreme mountain critters that's about the only way you could ever get them, so I don't get all upset about it .... lol. But eventually it all boils down to a challenge and success for technology, and the "hunter" is simply a trigger-puller. Not my thing, but more and more it is getting to be the scenario of preference. To each their own, I guess.