New NY Gun Law Fact Sheet

I'b be real careful with that one, I would think you need to show proof of ownership prior to the new law.

Agreed, but since many AR owners have owned them for many years before the federal checks, I doubt that many would be able to prove ownership. Especially if you purchased recently at a gun show where no checks are required. Just trying to highlight some of the loopholes in this hastily constructed mess.

Agreed, but since many AR owners have owned them for many years before the federal checks, I doubt that many would be able to prove ownership. Especially if you purchased recently at a gun show where no checks are required. Just trying to highlight some of the loopholes in this hastily constructed mess.

yup, saw an article that estimated the amount of legally owned guns in this country that can never be traced back to the current owner due to being sold privately after the original purchase, sometimes several times over....

i think it'd come down to serial numbers. I'm sure those will be required when registering. Generally I bet if it was built preban you'll be safe. But post ban and you're really just admitting to a crime.