List of Gun and Supply Companies boycotting NY

Don't be so sure. They could walk into a state that is more friendly to open shop companies and do away with the union as well. That is the same reason Boeing went to SC.

generally the only people who get transfer packages are senior management. The working stiff and low level management would be out on the streets. Most companies have different levels of packages but most include assistance with closing costs. Do the math on offering 1k plus people buying and selling costs and imagine what would happen if 1k houses went up for sale all at once in one area.

generally the only people who get transfer packages are senior management. The working stiff and low level management would be out on the streets. Most companies have different levels of packages but most include assistance with closing costs. Do the math on offering 1k plus people buying and selling costs and imagine what would happen if 1k houses went up for sale all at once in one area.

You are right. Many times the relocation packages are only offered to those that are 'needed" to get the new location up and running. Some of the hands on workers

may be allowed to apply for the new positions but they often have to flip the bill for the move. Relocation packages seldom make it into the hands of the workers. I would expect that for a manufacturing operation you would see maybe from Shop Foreman and up being relocated. This is the last real manufacturing operation left in the valley. They have closed up or moved out one by one since I was a kid. I remember the big hulabalou when the Library Bureau closed up in Herkimer.