Possible GOOD news....

This guy is really getting out of control. He is taking on the Justice Branch of the government now. Watch him closely. You may be looking at the kind of president he will be if he should be elected to that office. This guy is scarey.

I'm hoping that the Safe act goes down. It seems to me as a totally untrained person in matters of law and constitutionality that there are two grounds for declaring the law illegal. At least that's all I have heard so far. One is the impact on the 2nd Amendment. That is a tricky one because there are already a whole lot of accepted and installed laws that in my opinion violate the 2nd Amendment in exactly the same way. And these have been challenged through all the courts amnd upheld. So I am a bit worried about that one.

The other basis for over-turning involve the process they used for passing the law with this covert, razzle-dazzle, super speed, without the legally prescribed amount of time for public comment and debate. Well, Cuomo has his (our) battery of lawyers working to know that one down.

One thing I am starting to realize is that this is no ordinary scum-bag. He enjoys the fight, and he is very good at it. So, I am taking nothing for granted or getting any sort of positive vibes from any of this yet.

And then ...... Even if we do get this thing trashed on some basis, there is nothing keeping them from amending the law slightly to satisfy the court's itches and then re-passing it. That is why we have to keep up the pressure on our reps. If it turns out that the process of passing the law is the illegal part, what keeps them from re-proposing the law and voting it through again only this time with all the t's crossed and i's dotted. Think about that.

I'm hoping that the Safe act goes down. It seems to me as a totally untrained person in matters of law and constitutionality that there are two grounds for declaring the law illegal. At least that's all I have heard so far. One is the impact on the 2nd Amendment. That is a tricky one because there are already a whole lot of accepted and installed laws that in my opinion violate the 2nd Amendment in exactly the same way. And these have been challenged through all the courts amnd upheld. So I am a bit worried about that one.

The other basis for over-turning involve the process they used for passing the law with this covert, razzle-dazzle, super speed, without the legally prescribed amount of time for public comment and debate. Well, Cuomo has his (our) battery of lawyers working to know that one down.

One thing I am starting to realize is that this is no ordinary scum-bag. He enjoys the fight, and he is very good at it. So, I am taking nothing for granted or getting any sort of positive vibes from any of this yet.

And then ...... Even if we do get this thing trashed on some basis, there is nothing keeping them from amending the law slightly to satisfy the court's itches and then re-passing it. That is why we have to keep up the pressure on our reps. If it turns out that the process of passing the law is the illegal part, what keeps them from re-proposing the law and voting it through again only this time with all the t's crossed and i's dotted. Think about that.

And, much as I feared, the first challenge has hit the ditch. Hopefully we have more and better lawsuits on their way.

There are. This one turned out to be a dud filed by someone other than a lawyer that was representing themselves. Ive heard a few people with law degrees say that this one never should have been filed, and half of the language in it had already been covered under previous case law. I wouldnt even consider this a set back. The biggest thing that sucks is that more provisions of the law went into effect at midnight. I was hoping a legit case would have been filed before now and an injunction would have stopped things but i guess we will have to wait.