Presidential quotes...

josephmrtn

Im reading thru the book "Wit and Wisdom of the American Presidents" and will be posting the best and or funniest quotes i see for your enjoyment....

I have been told I was on the road to hell, but I had no idea it was just a mile down the road with a dome on it.

-Abe Lincon

Be not intimidated...from publishing with the utmost freedom whatever can be warranted by the laws of your country; nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberty by any pretenses of politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.

-John Adams

I know something about Mr. Khrushchev... Mr Khrushchev himself, it is said, told the story about the Russian who began to run through the Kremlin, shouting, "Khrushchev's a fool. Khrushchev's a fool." He was sentenced, he said, to twenty-three years in prison, three for insulting a Party member, and twenty for revealing a state secret.

-JFK