State Considering Changes to NY-SAFE Act

This is more ridiculous than the original bill itself. Cuomo is basically admitting that this was hastily rammed though and poorly constructed. So now you can still buy a 10 round mag, but once again you can only load 7 rounds. I am sure that the people choosing to break the law that says you CANNOT MURDER SOMENONE will choose to follow this law as they commit their other crimes. Are they insane?????? Are the liberals that out of touch with the way that the real world works? They really think that the murderer will only load 7 rounds? Once again, this is a feel good mindless piece of legislation that only makes criminals out of the law abiding gun owners (you know - the ones that don't murder people).

As far as the Cuomo-types, they really don't care about whether the law is effective, or does any of the things that they advertise it will. They were simply looking for an issue that would gain nation-wide attention and which makes them "look" like they are doing something useful about violence in America. It has nothing to do with whether any of it really works. By the time anthing substantive can be proven that this law is simply window-dressing and fakery, That creep will be sitting in the Whitehouse, planning his next outrageous stunt in preparation for his next presidential term.

We are the ones left sitting here with our rights shattered, and wondering what the hell just happened to us while Freaky Andy is politically 6 steps ahead of us. His gun-grabbing laws and proclamations don't have to make sense or have any effective impact on anything. It's a sly, calculated political move that takes advantage of the dead children's bodies and those of the Webster first responders. This creep has no conscience or sense of right or wrong. He is just an opportunistic politician who will use every trick in the book, moral or not. It's these kinds of people that we should fear most.

• Like 2

the repubs will have a field day with this failed bill in 2016. The whole intent was to pad his campaign and its backfiring horribly. I love it.

You can't imagine how much I hope you are right. But how often have we been reminded of the short memories of the voters. And to count on the Republicans to make use of a very good issue may be wishful thinking. They have blown opportunities in the past. Here's the deal. I hear all this outcry of passionate indignation right now. My gosh we even have people threatening to become felons over this issue. But I will tell you right now that gun owners are no different from any other voter when it comes to forgetting the issues that are so important to them at the moment. This weirdo Cuomo may be a treasonous SOB with his assault on the Constitution, but do not mistake any of that for a lack of intelligence. He knows his way around politics. And I will predict that around election time, some new issue will arise to capture the attention of voters, and all this stuff will be quickly forgotten. It's just human nature that's been proven over and over again. And this is not a feature of voters that Cuomo is unfamiliar with. He knows exactly how to play people. I know I will be doing my best to work for the defeat of this creep and also all the others that voted with him on this. I consider him an element of evil and an enemy of the Constitution. But I do not expect to see too many gun owners joining in the fight when it actually counts.

I hope I'm wrong and you are right, but history does not bear out that kind of universal dedication to making these out-of-control politicians accountable. If I am wrong, I'll be cheering right along side of those that kept their eye on the ball. If I am right, I'll at least know that I did my part as well as I could.

yes they certainly have dropped the ball when it comes to establishing an image of the opponent. The Obama campaign did a great job of labeling Romney as the rich white out of touch guy. But they've recognized this and just released a report where they plan to address that

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ten-ways-republicans-want-change-next-election-105724986--election.html

yes they certainly have dropped the ball when it comes to establishing an image of the opponent. The Obama campaign did a great job of labeling Romney as the rich white out of touch guy. But they've recognized this and just released a report where they plan to address that

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ten-ways-republicans-want-change-next-election-105724986--election.html

Ha-ha .... a day late and a dollar short. No, it's good to learn from the past, but I will believe it when I see it. At any rate, if they don't sieze the opportunities that are handed them, and they can't re-ignite the passions of the gun owners who today feel they have been wronged, another golden oppportunity to use a voting block that should be tightly united, will be lost. My biggest fear is that the unity we now enjoy will fade into oblivion and be replaced with other  unrelated issues, which will leave the Republicans or whoever with nothing to exploit against these gun-grabbing vermin.

Also, lets not forget that this really is not a Republican vs. Democrat issue. Pay attention to how many Republicans voted for this law. The punishments cannot be limited to just one party. The message needs to get out that anti gun votes cost gun owner's votes, and that legislators can be evicted for anti-gun attitudes and voting records, regardless of party.