Disaster!!!!!

erussell

So ER hows that thumb coming along....I hope you can get out and hunt...Chin up....two weeks after the dog bit half my pinky finger off...and the surgeon finished and repaired the amputation ...I had physical therapy and was able to hold and shoot my bow...I took this 8pt day 2 of the season...but dragging and gutting one handed was...not pretty... Thank God I got him in the JD bucket...but not before I dropped the bucket on his rack ...breaking it...Called dad in law to hang him for me....So point is ...make sure you have help a call away...Good Luck

Thumbs already feeling a lot better, I unwrapped it and soaked it in some water and it let some of the fluid out so there's not so much pressure on the nail. I'm able to bend  the thumb now though the nail up still feels numb. Going to get the bow out tomorrow and try again.

Thumbs already feeling a lot better, I unwrapped it and soaked it in some water and it let some of the fluid out so there's not so much pressure on the nail. I'm able to bend  the thumb now though the nail up still feels numb. Going to get the bow out tomorrow and try again.

Atta' boy ... I have an Amish buddy that would put 'Heals All' (horse medicine) and burdock leaves (soaked in hot water, then wrapped around the wound) to help heal and take away the pain.  Sounds archaic... but I know it works because I've done it myself. 

I hope you get the 'buck of your lifetime' after suffering a wound like that!  Best of Luck!!!