It doesn't take....

growalot

much to have patterns change...all winter I got hundreds of deer pics from the deer moving through the turnip plot to the WR hog radish and the downed tree tops....for the last wk 2 pics...They are hanging out in the middle of the farmers alfalfa timothy hay field...even bedding in it mid day....loI..... glass them every time I come home from errands...Don't blame them easy food and clear open southern exposure......no turkeys in sight there though...lots of droppings in the woods but no flocks in the fields...hhhmmmm

I can see the deer movement...but what do you think happened to your turkey?

I have had lots of raking on the small narrow trail plots in the oak flat and there is a huge number of shiny blk grubs as well as the usual little tan and wht. ones...I'm assuming that is why I'm seeing so much turkey droppings...I need to change cam locations today...no other turkey sounds since the one Tom came walking through...but the neighbor has been out shooting everyday....

No idea...every place is spread out miles apart, so no single cause related to all properties.

I think someone is feeding them around my house. Saw a few and heard gobbles, but now it's quiet in the a.m. Usually when they are fed, they get quiet fast in the a.m. as they gongregate quickly. I have no proof, but one person across the street has been there once a week in the afternoon right when this started happening two weeks ago.

Sad ..One year I was in Turners and a woman came in...we got to talking and  she said yes my son and husband turkey hunt as well...they have an open 50# bag of corn out they've been watching ..I'm here to get more...LOL :fie:

I asked where they lived and it wasn't to far from our place over the back side of the hill...I said you may want to let them know how illegal that is and the DEC has been driving around the area...she said that's OK they've been doing it for years... :crazy::O

Well she must have told one too many ppl because the following year I read were a father son team got caught during deer season...hunting over an open bag of corn....to lazy to even pour it out.....

• Like 1