I have Carhartt camo bibs I wear during bow and turkey seasons. Also have camo insulated and camo BO bibs I use during the colder bow or later regular deer seasons. Bibs allow you to wear more or less layers underneath, prevent the dreaded midriff cold drafts and are a little less constraining than belted pants. You can adjust the leg length via the shoulder straps. The Carhartts are a little more impervious to thorns, rose bushes, etc. They are by no means more waterproof, especially after being wash a few times. The main disadvantage of bibs is when nature calls....

The Carhartt camo bibs are 2X the cost of their regular bibs, but well worth the cost as hunting attire! Also have a pair of brown regular Carhartts I occasionaly use during bow season. FYI - If you go the bibs route, get them at least a couple sizes bigger than your regular pants size. You'll thank me later, as I learned the hard way.

I used to wear bibs but went to just pants a few years back.Most of my clothes are getting long in the tooth so I will be replacing them this year and will go back to bibs.What NYSLOWHAND said is spot on,I dont know anything about the carharts but I like the bibs for more protection when your shirt rides up and there's nothing to cover you.And having the suspenders keeps everything right where it should.