Bobcat management plan. Any news?

PREDATE

I sent in my support of the bobcat management plan last Feb. It was never enacted for last years trapping season. Last word I got about this was that it would hopefully be in place for the 2013-2014 season.

Anybody know if they are enacting it? 

• 4 weeks later...

I have been expecting a season here in Southwestern NY. I've seen a number of bobcats in the last few years, and some of my friends who trap have been catching and releasing cats on a regular basis.

I would certainly rather remove a DEAD cat from my trap, rather than a snarling, clawing, hissing LIVE one...hehehe..

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly how do you release a bobcat from a leg-hold trap? That has to be quite a trick.

very carefully...LOL

there's a few videos on youtube, of how not to do it

the tough part, is convincing people to let you trap or hunt bobcat, during the best part of deer season, I have a few landowners, that won't let me in until Jan 1

I would certainly rather remove a DEAD cat from my trap, rather than a snarling, clawing, hissing LIVE one...hehehe..

Yea man. My friend live trapped this bobcat in Binghamton a few months ago in a Havahart trap.  It was suprisingly calm while my friend released it, but then the bobcat ate him. R.I.P.

post-871-0-25657500-1375388814_thumb.jpg