Bow hunting out of state

chiefbkt

I sent my email declining the offer. Like everyone said, it's too much money for a week. I'm not sure I'll end up going out of state this year now as it looks. My wife told me that our daycare provider is takin off 2 additional weeks this year (one in August and one in December). So looks like ill be using vacation time to watch the little man those weeks rather than using it to go out of state. Always next year.

Biz won't be joining this conversation for another week or so as he has been given a time out for bad behavior.

Rest assured though, he'll show up again like a bad rash..................(grin)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

Sounds pretty steep to me for a whitetail hunt.

For that money you could hunt mulies and/or elk in the west or do about 5 pronghorn hunts, which in my opinion are more fun than sitting around in a tree waiting for a whitetail.

You could even do a DIY caribou hunt in Alaska for 5K or thereabouts or do a fully guided moose hunt in NF.

Thanks for the update Lawdawz!  Good news is I have already recruited 2 friends to tag along on an archery hunt either next year or the year after.  One of them happens to have a friend from college whose parents own a small farm (~90-100 acres) in Ohio.  I am not sure about the exact location but the parents and his friend don't archery hunt.  He is in the process of talking to him about us coming out for 3-4 days to hunt archery.  If he can pull this off, I would be pumped!  I guess time will tell.  

• 3 weeks later...