Central NY Bear

Five Seasons

Sorry i should of stated before there was a season here by open i meant it was closed in my area open 1 mile away rt 17 at the time. .. it was a no season kill and he tried self defence plea, problem is a bear coming at you is head down and not much of a target, i know first hand on that believe me!  and season range was extended to try to control animal population from gettin into more populated urban areas. as for nothern reporting i dont know the regs there as i dont hunt but take a pic around rodchester and it looks nothing like the dacks!! you will get caught... hell the whole town knew about the bear i got befor ei even had it out of the woods all from 1 guy sending a pic to his son when he was helping drag it out. And what is your taxidermist going to do if asked..sed the dec your way..he/she isnt going to lose their buisness beacuse of you.

6N is starting to get alot of them. Should have a season for them very soon. The next unit over already has a season. One of my hunting spots I see or hear bear every year. Missed walling smack into a show and her two cubs by 15 mins at my trail cam. I have at least 1 400lbs bear up there. Lots of damage to telephone poles.