Tipping guide

greybeard

I'm tryin' to calculate costs relating to a Hawaiian hunt.

I got most of it, but was wondering what you think an appropriate tip for a good guide would be.

Depends on the hunt and what's included (lodging, food, etc.). Anywhere between 5-15%

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks..for the tip. I've researched everything that I can think of, but am unfamiliar with tipping a guide.

It's only gonna be a hunt.

I'd stay at the hotel where I just stayed when I was there in June, and drive to the location. I couldn't go to Hawaii and not take the wife.

I know that the tip is for good service, (I'm assuming that the service will be good) I just need to get an idea what you guys think...Now I have some good ideas.

I don't want to over tip, but don't want to be cheap.

I just got back from Hawaii, so I can't go back right now..I shoulda listened to my wife and booked a hunt for this last trip. However, since I didn't I'll have to go back sooner. I'm hoping that I can get to it in 2014.

Paula,

I was in contact with the guide. He is not the owner.

He gave me info that I asked for including contact info for a taxidermist, who I contacted.

At this time, he would be the guide that I would use, but if I check other outfitters I will keep that in mind.

Thanx