hunting lease

ncountry

• 3 months later...

When I signed my lease the going rates were from 10 to 15 an acre depending on amount.  Another lease next to mine is 1000 acres and they are paying 10.  Im paying just about 12.  I know of some who have leases where they pay the amount of land taxes the owner owes on the parcel of land.  Go to the town hall and get that properties tax info from public records and go from there.  If the taxes are cheaper than the 10 to 15 an acre that is where I would be starting.

Edited by wdswtr

Nor sure about the cost, but of you find out, I know myself and another guy who would love to hunt a place closer to home. keep me posted

Will do. In the past I have paid as little as 20 cents an acre for 250 acres .just to make it an honest deal..lol

I know this isn't the norm though.

All depends on the quality/quantity of deer. Also how much of the land you can actually  hunt. I tried giving my buddy $1000 a yr. for his 144 acres. Yes! It's that good! He just won't accept money from me. No matter how hard I try giving it to him. I guess he figures I probably pay more than that in the long run on all the work I do for him on his rental properties for so cheap.