Just got my school tax bill.

sits in trees

doesn't matter when you back up statements with facts on this website. I've never met such a stubborn bunch.

does the cost of your tax bill linearly represent the education your kids receive? no. look at some of the grammar on here as a prime example. But it is a good solid education with lots of opportunities to play sports, art or music.

It's not so much the pay of the teacher as it is the benefits. There was a school system in Buffalo whose healthcare was so good they would pay for plastic surgery. My mom just retired as a kindergarten teacher. She was not loaded, and if it wasn't for my dad's income she would probably just be scraping by. I know couples who both teach and a lot of them take up summer jobs.

Did you not read my prior posts?

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Posted Yesterday, 03:31 PM

You reinforced what I said.

In NYS state, county and local employees (not just teachers) are rewarded very well. This is why we have high taxes...NO OTHER REASONS. We COLLECTIVELY voted for this, we voted in  reps that sold out to the public sector unions.

If you are like me and don’t like the high take rates, vote with your feet and leave.

The people of NY voted for high taxes