September 1, 2022 --- What Happens?

First Question:

Are there any gunshop/sporting good shop owners on here? If so what is the process going to be come Sept 1 with regards to ammo sales?

Second Question:

With regards to the gun safe requirements, how is that going to be enforced? Cops cant just walk in without a warrant/just cause right. 

Third Question:

Ammo registration.... what about those who reload? Where is the information on a state website with instructions on how to be in compliance? Where are the forms I need to fill out. 

Fourth Question:

If I buy ammo out of state, how do I register it?

Fifth Question:

I have my rifle in the truck sitting on my backseat I and run into gas station to grab a coffee and donut before I hit the woods... did I just commit a crime?

4 hours ago, ridgerunner88 said:

First Question:

Are there any gunshop/sporting good shop owners on here? If so what is the process going to be come Sept 1 with regards to ammo sales?

Second Question:

With regards to the gun safe requirements, how is that going to be enforced? Cops cant just walk in without a warrant/just cause right. 

Third Question:

Ammo registration.... what about those who reload? Where is the information on a state website with instructions on how to be in compliance? Where are the forms I need to fill out. 

Fourth Question:

If I buy ammo out of state, how do I register it?

Fifth Question:

I have my rifle in the truck sitting on my backseat I and run into gas station to grab a coffee and donut before I hit the woods... did I just commit a crime?

Was just at the gun store today to buy ammo. They told me they don’t see anything changing come 9/1. Tries it with the safe act and it didn’t  work.

No, coos can’t just walk in and check your safe.

If you buy ammo out of state you do kit need to register. 

The way the law is written if you run into gas station to grab a coffee and leave your gun in the truck you are committing a crime. According to the county sheriffs and troopers I have talked to they will not look to enforce that

• Like 2