cleaning the smoke pole

apoallo

I've had a tough time with my Vortek UL. I'm losing the barrel on it from the outside in unfortunately. The gun has cerakote but developed rust spots on the outside. It sat inside my house during my flood in the summer. I got all other guns out but that one was on the second floor near a vent that lets hot air up and cool air down to the lower level. Unfortunately I had bigger fish to fry at the time and simply forgot that I had stored it away from my other firearms. It was there for about a week before I remembered. The water moisture in the house was just too much.

The inside of the barrel and the rest of the gun are fine however. I also seemed to have developed a cross-thread issue with the breech. It's plenty shootable, but I'm not hopeful or much interested in trying to save it at this point. I can shoot it for the remainder of the season.

As much as I really enjoyed that MZ, I'm in the market for a new one at some point between now and summer. Honestly, I'm probably going to pick up a SS Wolf. Cheap, but a fair shooter. With my H&R Ultra Slug, I don't carry the MZ much in regular season any longer, so I can't justify the cost of another high-end MZ for a 7-9 day season where I get out for 2-3 days at most.