"CONCEALED CARRY IMPROVEMENT ACT"...

Thebluesman5748

New Legislation submitted by Governor Kathy Hochal...

Traveling with a Firearm, Rifle, or Shotgun... "SAFE STORAGE REPOSITORY"

Q: When I am traveling to hunt or participate in a hunting-related activity by car, do I have to store my gun in a fire, impact, and tamper-resistant safe storage container in my vehicle?

A: The gun needs to have all ammunition removed, be locked in a safe storage repository (i.e., a fire, impact, and tamper-resistant container) and be hidden from view if the hunter leaves it unattended in their vehicle. Any lockable plastic or metal, hard-sided gun case or safe will suffice for this purpose. If an adult remains with the vehicle to ensure security, a safe storage repository is not required. To prevent theft, we recommend always securing firearms during transport. Local rules for traveling with firearms also apply and may be more restrictive.

As we all know, as of this date, "FIRE PROOF" gun cases do not exist... 

Thebluesman5748

39 minutes ago, Thebluesman5748 said:

New Legislation submitted by Governor Kathy Hochal...

Traveling with a Firearm, Rifle, or Shotgun... "SAFE STORAGE REPOSITORY"

Q: When I am traveling to hunt or participate in a hunting-related activity by car, do I have to store my gun in a fire, impact, and tamper-resistant safe storage container in my vehicle?

A: The gun needs to have all ammunition removed, be locked in a safe storage repository (i.e., a fire, impact, and tamper-resistant container) and be hidden from view if the hunter leaves it unattended in their vehicle. Any lockable plastic or metal, hard-sided gun case or safe will suffice for this purpose. If an adult remains with the vehicle to ensure security, a safe storage repository is not required. To prevent theft, we recommend always securing firearms during transport. Local rules for traveling with firearms also apply and may be more restrictive.

As we all know, as of this date, "FIRE PROOF" gun cases do not exist... 

So you CAN drive to your hunt spot or whatever with it UN loaded sitting on your seat 

Edited by luberhill

If your heading up to the Big Woods of the Adirondacks to hunt, here's a bit more information that should put many of you at ease concerning this new Legislation submitted by our non-illustrious Governor... 

Q: Can I possess a firearm, rifle, or shotgun in the Adirondacks and Catskills?

A: Yes. Certain areas of the parks are not considered “sensitive locations” under the law, as the state owned or managed lands are legally classified as "state forest preserve" or are generally private lands. There are areas inside the Adirondack and Catskill Forest Preserves, however, that are classified as sensitive locations or restricted locations under the new gun law, and these specific locations are subject to the "sensitive and restricted location restrictions" under the law.

This new Legislation covers a lot of territory on a state wide level, but my only concern was how it would effect me going and coming from the Dack's... Below is a link to the new rules...

https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/gunlawqanda2022.pdf

And remember: "It's not about the Kill, it's about the Adventure"...

Thebluesman5748

1 minute ago, escpen said:

Semantics maybe, but that's not the actual text of the law ... what they write in FAQ's may not be consistent with what the law actually says, which could make things even more confusing!  Maybe that's not actually the case here though.

What I posted IS from NYS police , it’s how they are enforcing or not enforcing 

Do not forget to have written permission to be in posseion of firearms (use the wordfirearms to incude rifles, shotguns, handguns and muzzleloaders) on propetry not ownerd by you.

The generous land owenrs who allow me to hunt on their farms will be giving me a signed letter to the effect that says "Mr. John Doe has my permision to be in the posseion of firearms on my privately owned lands.  Signed Mr, Landowner."

These stupid laws are intedned only to harass, intimidate and threaten law abiding firearm owners.  No new legistlation has been passed to increase punishment of criminals or attack the root casues (illegal drugs, mental health, failed schools and the welfare system that enables fatherless families).  Anti-gun politicans are soft on criminals.  They need more crime to keep passing stupid anti-gun laws.

In the past before hunting season, the slogan was "be safe hunting".  Now added to that is you better comply with all the new stupid laws.