Small 8

beachpeaz

Sadly, yesterday was my first day out bowhunting for the season!  Stupid work schedule.  Although, I will say that early season hunting by me is crappy.  The deer are completely nocturnal until about end of October anyway. Small 8 Video.MOV I enjoyed watching this small 8 point for 30 minutes though.  Could have plugged him at 11 yards.

• Like 1

nice footage. people always look at me weird when I tell them I love to just watch deer. There's just something about watching them mill around that I find interesting.

I hear ya. I watched a little doe for a good 10mins yesterday.  I didn't see another deer all day but watching  her was Very cool. It never gets old.

I'm the same way.  I get crap from just about everyone I know with how many bucks I pass up.  I am very selective in pulling the trigger (or letting the arrow fly).  I enjoy just being out.  Like this little guy.  I didn't think twice about putting my bow down and grabbing my cell phone out of my pocket.

I had to watch the video again to see what you were speaking of.  That is one of my posted signs.  It isn't tied to the tree.  What you see is orange surveor tape around the tree on top and bottom of the sign to clearly mark that tree.  I have MAJOR problems with tresspassers where I am.  I am tryign to make it as obvious as possible that it is posted so there are no excuses when i have people arrested.

Gotcha.  Me too.  Almost got shot by one 3 years ago on a buck I was letting pass.  Unfortunately I had to finished the deer off after his poor shot and fill me tag.  The guy had the nerve to argue with me on my own property he was trepassing on that I killed his deer.  When I called the DEC he split in a hurry.   Attached is the deer I was letting go.  Have a great season this year. 

post-740-0-01039800-1382647402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve7

yup, people are idiots!  I have zero tolerance on my property.  Someone gets kicked off and / or arrested every year.  If for nothing else, it will be the guy that tresspasses, climbs in my stand, falls out, then sues me for it not being safe.  If you have the mentallity to cheat (IE:  Tresspass), then you have the mentallity to think that the world owes you something (IE:  frivelous lawsuits).  NO THANKS!  lol