Biz-R-OWorld's 2013 NY Gun Season

BizCT

Tons of sign in lockwood if you know the right spots. But it gets a lot of pressure. I never go there till later on in gun season. I've seen a few bucks there. My Dad killed a couple of bucks there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Considering I won't be hunting there I'll say where I used to stay every time I went and you might actually know the spot. When you park at Lockwood Ln and walk straight down, right before the swamp there is a big hill on the right side that levels off. At the top of that hill is always where I saw the most sign and kicked up a few doe there.

Considering I won't be hunting there I'll say where I used to stay every time I went and you might actually know the spot. When you park at Lockwood Ln and walk straight down, right before the swamp there is a big hill on the right side that levels off. At the top of that hill is always where I saw the most sign and kicked up a few doe there.

I've never parked at lockwood lane. Always park on Dixon road. Complete other side of the 400-500 acres.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

While I was at work, my Dad hunted dark to dark and saw no deer. But just like the other day at 6am he had a buck cross in front of his truck a few houses away from where he parks. It was a 4pt and stood there looking at him. Same spot as the 8pt the other day. My dad said it looked just like this 4pt.

post-871-13861179662988_thumb.jpg

for a 4pt it actually has potential in maybe 2 years

He's probably already 2.5. Not many deer ever have brow points in our area. My Dad has shot several 6's and 8's barely over 100" that were 3.5 according to DEC at butcher.

For a brow-less rack, the main beam mass isn't horrible. Most brow-less bucks I see have skinny mains. It would be sweet if he developed a non-typical rack by next year. My brother arrowed a brow-less last year that had 1 side that grew straight out to the side like bullwinkle. lol

post-506-0-48446000-1386119063.jpg

While I was at work (and still at work), my Dad hunted dark-dark and saw the big boy. He saw nothing all day until 3pm, when he saw this guy with his head to the ground running around like a maniac, like he was chasing a doe, but my Dad never saw the doe. My dad first spotted him at about 125 yards watched him for about 10 minutes running weird routes with his head practically on the ground. The closest he got at 1 point was around 100 yards, but he was constantly moving and in thick stuff. My Dad didn't want to risk the shot and hoped he would stop in an opening, but he never did.  He said he is definitely a 7 and possibly an 8, the 8th point on the right side is borderline of being a legal point or not. He said the deer's body is very big compared to what we often see in our area.

My Dad is supposed to hunt dutchess county with a friend tomorrow and friday looks like bad weather, so maybe I WILL SEE HIM SATURDAY?

post-871-0-12008200-1386205039_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-53149800-1386205039_thumb.jpg

While I was at work, my Dad hunted dark to dark in the fog and only saw 2 tom turkeys. He is taking tomorrow off with the heavy rain expected. His 2nd day off this gun season. I'll be out there with him on Saturday.

Hunted dark to dark with my Dad. Neither of us saw anything. I bailed out on tomorrow. My season is done. First season for me without a buck since 2009. Only buck I saw was a tiny spike opening morning. My dad will hunt tomorrow all day.

Next up for me is British Columbia in 3 weeks for a Lynx hunt.