Bear Spring Mountain WMA

DanceswithSkunks

Clowns I can live with if they don't decide to stand on top of me. I'm just looking for some big woods solitude. I hunted in the Adirondaks in Herkimer County on private property that bordered state land. years ago. Got 7 'Yotes and one 5 point buck in 3 years.  Are you required to park in the parking lots or can you pull off along side the road? Looking at maps and Sat pics I see a lot of Horse trails. I take it a lot of guys patrol those trails fearing they'll get lost if they strike out off trail.

I hunt Bear Spring quite a bit, it does get crowded with clowns and gets pressure. and lots of road hunting pressure also. But its convienant for me which is why i hunt there. It was very quiet this year, most of the shooting on the surrounding pivate land. Not too many deer like years past. There's some gangs that stay at the campgrounds - man, those boys shoot anything! Once in a while i get lucky with a mountain buck. Have turkey hunted there many times without a gobble. If your looking for big woods solitude, my advice, keep looking. Nice country though