Young Buck

Vinny Tagalucci

I most certainly would if the other folks around me would. I have been trying 3 on 1 side the last several years, and even then i try to let 1.5s that qualify as 3 on 1 walk. i have passed up a lot of spikes,3,4's, but i got a 1.5yr 8pt with my bow.

Opening day i passed up a 4 point and an old timer shot him 150 yards from me. his grandson got a spike about 20 minutes before that. I had a nice chat with the older gent and helped him drag the 4pt. it was a good time.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER

I most certainly would if the other folks around me would. I have been trying 3 on 1 side the last several years, and even then i try to let 1.5s that qualify as 3 on 1 walk. i have passed up a lot of spikes,3,4's, but i got a 1.5yr 8pt with my bow.

Opening day i passed up a 4 point and an old timer shot him 150 yards from me. his grandson got a spike about 20 minutes before that. I had a nice chat with the older gent and helped him drag the 4pt. it was a good time.

I hate this argument.  People in my hunting camp argue the same thing.   "You might as well shoot em because someone else will anyways."   I let a lot of young bucks, some as big as these go every year in hopes they make it.  Not all do, but a lot do.  It just takes 1 to have a trophy on your wall.

If the claim were true, that "someone else will" then NO bucks would be alive each year.  100% of deer would be yearling button bucks.

Obviously plenty of deer DO make it though, thus the argument to let them live.  1 person can make a difference.

I hate this argument.  People in my hunting camp argue the same thing.   "You might as well shoot em because someone else will anyways."   I let a lot of young bucks, some as big as these go every year in hopes they make it.  Not all do, but a lot do.  It just takes 1 to have a trophy on your wall.

If the claim were true, that "someone else will" then NO bucks would be alive each year.  100% of deer would be yearling button bucks.

Obviously plenty of deer DO make it though, thus the argument to let them live.  1 person can make a difference.

I agree and that's why I let small bucks walk. the one i got with my bow was my first bow kill. everyone i know uses that argument, and they all shoot small deer even though they want to shoot big ones.

The nice bucks Vinny posted are considered trophys where I live. I have shot bigger ones, but they are few and far between.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER

I don't judge people for what they shoot.  You are right.  This may be a trophy to a lot of people and that is terrific.  I will be the first one to shake your hand and congradulate you.  I try my best to let deer age though.

If you think it is a trophy and shoot it great, but don't shoot it just because someone else would anyway. That is a poor excuse to pull the trigger!  lol