Times union article

pryz366

This all points out the fact that when people start generalizing about the conditions and situations of an entire state, they are correct only part of the time and full of crap the rest of the time. I am sure there are areas of over-population, but also areas of under population.

Furthermore, to blame the demise of habitat primarily on deer probably isn't all that accurate either. I realize that I don't have any kind of title or degree in biology, but I can certainly use my eyes to understand that NYS agriculture has taken a severe hit and small family farms are being turned into maturing forests with a heavy over-story that is raising hob with transition lands of brushlots and grazing/ browsing. Marginal farmlands are now deserted and being split up into segments of near-suburbia, settled by tree-huggers who want to live in places that have the characteristics of old-growth forests. So perhaps instead of looking for reasons to eliminate deer populations, more attention should be placed on human land use.