Really important ?

cbx46

Here's the back ground.  Last Weds. at 5 my bro shot a real nice 8 threw the gut and out one lung it fell, ran 10 yrds, fell, ran 10 yrds, then laid behind a bush and stayed down we waited and hour or a little more then walked toward the bush when we got there he was alive and looking at us so he gave him another arrow in the lung area he got up and ran into a huge thick swamp.  We gave him another half hour and then went after him found heavy blood in one area on a little dry island type thing but no deer and we had dead flashlights.  Decided to stay another night to look in the a.m. and woke up to rain couldn't find the blood spot or any deer circled the swamp and zigzaged thru it as much as you can a rising swamp in heavy rain no deer.

So here's the question. Going back to that post about bears eating down deer I have ALOT of bear on my property.  If one found it do you think it would eat it in 1ft of water?  Drag it to a small dry spot in the side the swamp nearby?  or  Drag it a good distance to the outskirts for dry land?

We are going back up to hunt on Mon./Tues. should he waste limitied time on stand and circle the swamp again in hopes something dragged it out?  Or is does it seem like a waste of time?  At this point it would be strictly a rack recovery but a well used tag none the less.  i told him to hunt the stand and glass the swamp which you can do and note any unusual crow activity. Thanks for any input or experiences.  Sorry for such a long post.

I have no experience with bears but it is just my guess that if a bear did get it, it would drag it to some what dry land.  If a bear dragged it out and ate some anything could have happened after that.  Another bear or some other predator could have brought it somewhere else.  Sorry I can't really help this is just a guess but good luck.  If you find it and get to pay respects to the rack its better then nothing!!!