Coyote videos

robw

Put the cam on the carcass from my muzzle loader doe to see what's out there.  Tied it to a grape post so they couldn't run off with it.Seen these guys a lot. Also have a ton (over 40) videos of deer walking up and checking the carcass, inc. 1 nice 8 point(not the one in my pic post)

yote jan 17 a.AVI

yote jan 19 nervous.AVI

Nice video. It's interesting what you caught deer doing. I wonder if deer recognize the scent as a familiar beast or is it just curiosity?  

I put cameras on a couple of gut piles during the season and have a doe cautiously sniffing around the bloody spot. She did not look alarmed.

Aside from the deer a pair of coyotes, a pair of foxes and some crows fed on the piles. I was hoping to catch a bear or bobcat.

Hadn't thought of that Doc, Just thought he didn't like the red lights on the camera, but trap shy makes sense.  One of these nights when it's not 0 degrees out, may have to walk back and "cure" him of that issue  :spiteful: